College Football Odds & Weather: Wind in Forecast for 6 Games on Saturday, Including Texas vs. Oklahoma State
Erich Schlegel/Getty Images. Pictured: An Oklahoma State cheerleader flying a Cowboys flag.
- Betting college football totals this Saturday? Since 2005, college football games played in winds of 13+ mph have hit the under at a 57% on a sample of more than 1,000 games.
- Danny Donahue has the weather report for six games in which weather could have a major impact on the total.
It’s not much of a secret that weather can affect the outcome of a football game. And as such, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that oddsmakers often shift lines on account of game conditions.
But what may not be as well known is just how much weather — and in particular, wind — matters. Thankfully we have a database that can tell us exactly that.
Since 2005, college football games played in winds of 13+ mph have hit the under at a 57% on a sample of more than 1,000 games (552-424-34).
And considering that’s a win rate that would make just about any professional bettor happy, you might now be curious as to which of Saturday’s games fit the bill. So, let’s take a look.
College Football Windy Weather Forecasts
Odds, forecasts as of 10:45 a.m. ET.
Michigan State vs. Michigan
12 p.m. ET | FOX | Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Projected wind speeds: 12 to 14 mph
- O/U open to current: 55 to 52
Iowa State vs. Kansas
12 p.m. ET | FS1 | Lawrence, Kan.
- Projected wind speeds: 19 to 20 mph
- O/U open to current: 55 to 50
Purdue vs. Illinois
12 p.m. ET | BTN | Champaign, Ill.
- Projected wind speeds: 13 to 17 mph
- O/U open to current: 55.5 to 55.5
UTSA vs. Florida Atlantic
12 p.m. ET | STADIUM | Boca Raton, Fla.
- Projected wind speeds: 13 to 14 mph
- O/U open to current: 52 to 46.5
Northwestern vs. Iowa
3:30 p.m. ET | ESPN | Iowa City, Iowa
- Projected wind speeds: 19 to 22 mph
- O/U open to current: 46 to 44
Texas vs. Oklahoma State
4 p.m. ET | FOX | Stillwater, Okla.
- Projected wind speeds: 11 to 18 mph
- O/U open to current: 58 to 58.5