- The Ohio State-Michigan State game (Saturday at 12 p.m. ET, FOX) is the most heavily bet game of the college football weekend.
- It also features the most noteworthy weather of the Saturday slate, with temperatures topping out at around 33 degrees and sustained winds of 18 mph.
- More than 60% of bets and 90% of dollars are on the under, which has fallen from 54 to 51.5 at Pinnacle.
I’m sure the atmosphere at Spartan Stadium will be chipper on Saturday. The coeds in attendance will feel nice and warm inside thanks to various beverages, while married senior couples will bundle up underneath forest green quilts.
If you don’t fall into either of those two demographics, you’re better off staying home and watching Ohio State-Michigan State (12 p.m. ET, FOX) on the big screen.
We have yet to hit Thanksgiving, but it’ll surely feel like winter in Michigan this Saturday. Temperatures will fail to reach the mid-30s and wind chills will be reading just 22 degrees!
With 18 mph sustained winds, this game is expected to be the second-windiest game of the weekend behind Akron-Eastern Michigan.
As a reminder, here’s how unders have done at the given wind speeds since 2005, according to Bet Labs:
- 15+ mph: 278-204-8 (57.7%)
- 18+ mph: 121-81-5 (59.9%)
- 20+ mph: 65-37-3 (63.7%)
Squares, circles, sharps, dullards … a lot of people are on this under already. With 65% of bets and 87% of dollars, you can see why the market has dropped this over/under from 53.5/54 to 51.5/52.
Sports Insights’ Bet Signals also triggered a Steam Move on under 54 Tuesday morning, indicating wiseguys are getting in on the action as well.
There’s not a large sample size, but in games with winds of 15+ mph and temperatures below 35 degrees, the under has gone 24-9-2.
This is currently the most heavily bet game of the weekend and will surely be receiving a bunch more action over the next 48 hours, so be sure to keep track of the line movement through The Action Network’s mobile app.