Betting odds: Pittsburgh Pirates at Cleveland Indians
- Pirates +240 (Trevor Williams)
- Indians -280 (Corey Kluber)
- Over/Under: 8.5 (u+100)
- First Pitch: 7:10 p.m. ET
>> All odds as of 12 p.m. ET. Download The Action Network App to get real-time MLB odds and track your bets
Pop quiz, how can you identify an under that the pros like?
Using the betting tools at The Action Network it is easier than you think. Follow these three steps:
- Heavily bet games. The more action a game attracts, the more value there is betting against the public.
- Majority of tickets and dollars on the over. Casual bettors like cheering for runs to be scored, so the over will be the popular play in most games.
The line should stay the same or decrease. In a heavily bet game, if a majority of bets and dollars are on the over, it is reasonable to expect the line to increase. However, if the total doesn’t budge or decreases, this is an indication of sharp money on the under.
>> Get a 7-day free trial to access more premium MLB articles like this during the season.
Since 2016 (when we began tracking dollar percentages), the under is 426-320-44 (57%) in heavily bet games when a majority of tickets and dollars are on the over, yet the line stays the same or decreases, according to Bet Labs.
Cleveland begins a three-game series on Monday against Pittsburgh. Tonight’s matchup meets all three criteria for an under that the pros like.
- Indians-Pirates is the fourth-most bet game on the board. ✅
- Nearly 60% of bets and dollars are on the over. ✅
- The total opened 8.5 and has not moved. ✅
I’ll be following the check marks to #GreenDotCity. Feel free to tag along.
The Bet: Under 8.5
Editor’s note: The opinion on this game is from the individual writer and is based on his research, analysis and perspective. It is independent of, and may not always match with, the algorithm-driven Best Bets from Sports Insights.