Photo credit: Benny Sieu-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- The Milwaukee Bucks currently own the league's best point differential, and they sit at 19-1 to win the 2018-19 NBA title.
- Read below to see each team's current record, projected record and point differential, along with odds to win the title, conference and division.
It’s hard to believe, but the NBA regular season is past the quarter point.
Where do teams stand? Who has the best — and worst — odds to win the title? What about conference and division odds?
Below are the NBA standings currently, along with projected record (courtesy of FiveThirtyEight), point differential and odds to win the title, conference and division.
Let’s start with the 2019 NBA title.
All odds courtesy of Bovada
Current NBA Standings and 2019 Title Odds
- The Warriors sit tied for fourth in point differential (+6.9), but they’re still overwhelming favorites to win the title at -155 odds (60.8% implied probability).
- The Raptors and Warriors are now both projected for the league’s best record at 59-23. That race will be important, as it could give a home-court advantage in a potential NBA Finals matchup.
- The Bucks are perhaps the biggest surprise of the season: They have the league’s best point differential at +8.1 and are 19-1 to win the title.
Current Western Conference Standings and Odds
- As expected, the Warriors are also huge favorites to win the West at -250 odds (71.4% implied probability). They sit with a solid +6.9 point differential despite struggling for a couple weeks without Steph Curry, who is now back healthy.
- The Rockets are the only other team with odds better than 10-1, although they sit at just 15-14 with a disappointing -0.4 point differential. They’ve had some poor injury luck but also have some legitimate concerns to work out, notably their defense, which ranks 24th on the season.
- LeBron James and his Lakers are tied for third with the Oklahoma City Thunder at 11-1 to win the West. The Thunder actually own the Western Conference’s best point differential, which is a better predictor of future success than raw win-loss totals.
Current Eastern Conference Standings and Odds
- The Raptors have dominated the league to the tune of a 23-9 record, and they boast an excellent +7.7 point differential as well. They’re the only team projected to exceed 50 wins in the East, and they’re +185 to win the conference.
- The Celtics started slow but are now up to 18-11. They currently own the East’s third-highest point differential (+6.9) and second-best odds to win the conference (+230).
- The 76ers (+360) and Bucks (+450) are the only two other teams below 20-1. The Bucks are actually fourth in odds despite owning a great 20-9 record and the league’s best point differential (+8.1).
Current Pacific Division Standings and Odds
- The defending champs are currently -5000 (98.0% implied probability) to win the Pacific Division. They’re currently projected for 14 more wins than any of the other four teams.
- Next in line are the Lakers at 16-1, followed by the Clippers at 20-1. The latter has struggled a bit lately and currently sit 17-13 — just one game up in the win column over the surprising 16-14 Kings.
Current Southwest Division Standings and Odds
- All five teams currently have between 15 and 16 wins, and yet the Rockets are still sizable -165 favorites (62.3% implied probability) to win the division. Despite the 15-14 start, FiveThirtyEight still projects them for 49 wins.
- No team has a very good point differential, but the Pelicans currently lead the fivesome at +1.8. They’re at nearly 6-1 to win the division.
Current Northwest Division Standings and Odds
- The NBA’s most loaded division, all five teams are currently projected to reach 40 wins. This is the only division in which all teams have a positive point differential.
- The Thunder, Nuggets, Blazers and Jazz are all between 2-1 and 5-1 to win the division, despite the first two having far superior point differentials.
- The Thunder and Nuggets are both projected for 54 wins, so this looks like one of the races that will come down to the wire.
Current Atlantic Division Standings and Odds
- Three of the Eastern Conference’s four best teams are all in this division, headlined by the Raptors, who are -190 (65.5% implied probability) to win.
- The Raptors, 76ers and Celtics are all projected to exceed 50 wins, and Boston has the lowest division odds at +350.
Current Central Division Standings and Odds
- The Bucks, first in the NBA with a stellar +8.1 point differential, are massive -300 favorites (75.0%) to win the division.
- The Pacers are second at +320 odds to win the division, and they just got star Victor Oladipo back from injury last week.
Current Southeast Division Standings and Odds
- Easily the league’s most uninspiring division, the Southeast features the Hornets as the current favorite at +130 odds (43.5% implied probability) to win.
- The Hornets easily have the division’s best point differential; in fact, no other team is even in the positive. The Wizards sit fourth in that regard with a putrid -4.0 mark.