Wednesday’s Best NBA Player Props & Betting Picks (Jan. 22): All In on Zion Williamson’s NBA Debut
Pictured: Pelicans F Zion Williamson (1), Photo Credit: Carmen Mandato-Getty Images
- Zion Williamson will make his NBA debut tonight vs. the San Antonio Spurs (9:30 p.m. ET on ESPN).
- Matt LaMarca analyzes the prop market to determine the best ways to profit off his first NBA game.
freeBetting on props can be one of the easiest ways to build your bankroll. Sportsbooks tend to offer lower limits and take less action on props than they do on games, so they don’t have as much incentive to post an accurate line.
That’s where our Player Prop tool comes in handy. We compare our industry-leading NBA projections to the props posted at a variety of sportsbooks to identify the best plays each day. Each bet is then graded on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the best possible grade.
Odds as of Wednesday afternoon. Check out PointsBet, where Action Network users can access an exclusive promotion to get a 200% deposit match (deposit $50, bet with $150).
How about a little reminder on just how impressively these bets did last season? Props with a Bet Quality of 10 posted a win rate of 60.31%, and props with a Bet Quality of nine won at a 58.82% clip.
As is the case with most sports, betting on unders proved to be more profitable than betting on overs last season:
- Unders with a Bet Quality of 10: 341-172 (66.47%)
- Unders with a Bet Quality of 9: 457-273 (62.6%)
- Unders with a Bet Quality of 8: 898-589 (60.39%)
- Unders with a Bet Quality of 7: 1447-1086 (57.13%)
- Unders with a Bet Quality of 6: 1992-1663 (54.95%)
Overall, if you just blind bet every under with a Bet Quality of eight or higher, you would’ve won at a 62.1% clip on more than 2,700 bets.
Tonight’s prop piece is going to be a little different. Instead of focusing on the entire slate, we’re going to focus on just one game in particular.:
- San Antonio Spurs at New Orleans Pelicans: 9:30 p.m. ET
More specifically, we’re going to focus all of out attention on one player.
All eyes will be on New Orleans tonight for Zion Williamson’s debut vs. the Spurs. No rookie has entered the league with this much buzz since LeBron James, and Williamson managed to boost that excitement during the preseason.