Champions League Odds, Betting Picks (Feb. 25, 2020): Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich
Harry Langer/DeFodi Images via Getty Images. Pictured: David Alaba
- Updated betting odds for Tuesday's Champions League Round of 16 matchup between Bayern Munich and Chelsea have Bayern Munich as a -115 favorite.
- Chelsea may have won its last game against rival Tottenham, but the Blues are still +280 underdogs at home this afternoon.
- Check out our betting breakdown below, including the two picks that Jeremy Pond is making on this matchup.
Bayern Munich at Chelsea Odds
- Bayern Munich odds: -125
- Chelsea odds: +320
- Draw: +290
- Over/Under: 2.5 (-174/+140)
- Time: 3 p.m. ET
- TV: TNT
Things heat back up in Champions League action Tuesday, with two matches on the schedule.
Our attention is strictly on the showdown between Chelsea and Bayern Munich, which makes the trip to Stamford Bridge in southwest London for this Round of 16 contest.
Chelsea is coming in fresh off a 2-1 victory against rival Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday in Premier League action. The Blues, who rank third in the Premier League with 51.6 expected goals, finished second to Valencia during the group stage, which led to the unfavorable draw against the German powerhouse.
Although Chelsea was able to scratch out that win against Tottenham in a match I backed it in, this game presents a whole other set of problems for Frank Lampard’s side. Those issues specifically revolve around injuries to several key players, including American star Christian Pulisic, N’Golo Kante and Callum Hudson-Odoi. The trio will miss the first leg against Bayern Munich, according to Lampard.
Bayern Munich, which sits atop the Bundesliga table in expected goals (63.08) and total points, blazed through its group stage with six wins for an unblemished record. Robert Lewandowski and Serge Gnabry lead the vaunted Bayern Munich offense. The club did struggle in its most recent outing, where it needed a late goal against Bundesliga bottom feeder Paderborn to secure a 3-2 victory.
Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich Trends and Statistics
- Bayern Munich has scored at least two goals in 10 of its last 12 Champions League matches
- Chelsea has scored at least two goals in its last three Champions League tilts
- The total has gone over 2.5 goals in six of Bayern Munich’s last seven and eight of its last 10 Champions League contests
- Both teams have scored in four of Chelsea’s last five Champions League games
Despite the fact it’s carrying a tad bit of momentum into this match, I feel Chelsea is going to be up against it against the German juggernaut. Bayern Munich is the better side and will take its attack right to Chelsea from the beginning of the match.
Some handicappers and pundits might think Bayern Munich’s journey to Stamford Bridge could give Chelsea an edge. However, Bayern Munich made the trip to north London for a Champions League group-stage match and proceeded to deliver 7-2 trashing to Tottenham in the process.
I am going with the visitors here and looking for both to get on the scoreboard as well.
The Bet(s): Bayern Munich (-125); Both Teams To Score: Yes (-184)