Paul Casey 2019 U.S. Open Betting Odds, Preview: Past Performance at Pebble Beach Overvalued
Steven Flynn-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Paul Casey
Paul Casey 2019 U.S. Open Odds
- Odds to Win U.S. Open: 50-1
- DFS Pricing: $8,300 DraftKings; $10,000 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 4:25 p.m. ET Thursday; 10:40 a.m. ET Friday
Casey will likely be a popular play this week for those looking at the tournament he already played at Pebble Beach in February. He led after three rounds before eventually coming in second to Phil Mickelson.
But most of Casey’s damage was done on the other two courses at the Pebble Beach pro-am. He was -12 at Monterey Peninsula and Spyglass Hill, but just -4 in two rounds at Pebble.
For some comparison, Mickelson shot -9 in the two rounds at Pebble in the win.
Casey’s game should fit the course, but I think this year’s performance earlier this year will be overrated, so I won’t be backing him.
Paul Casey Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Paul Caseyranks among the other 164 U.S. Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 18
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 8
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 26
- Strokes Gained — Tee-to-Green: 6
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 15