Cavaliers center Kevin Love and Celtics guard Jaylen Brown. Credit: David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports
Here’s a fun fact: Teams that have lost by 20 or more points in the conference finals and NBA Finals have gone 20-12 (63%) ATS in their next game since 2005.
LeBron has gone 3-3 straight-up and ATS in this situation.
- 5/18/11: Heat +2.5 at Bulls (won, covered)
- 6/13/13: Heat -1 at Spurs (won, covered)
- 6/15/14: Heat +5.5 at Spurs (lost, didn’t cover)
- 6/14/15: Cavs +9.5 at Warriors (lost, didn’t cover)
- 6/8/16: Cavs -1.5 vs. Warriors (won, covered)
- 6/4/17: Cavs +9 at Warriors (lost, didn’t cover)
The Cavaliers’ horrific shooting in Game 1 (36% from the field and 15.4% from 3) could be a good thing for their prospects in Game 2.