PDC Home Tour Darts Betting Odds, Preview and Picks for Day 15 (Friday, May 1)
Alex Burstow/Getty Images
If you’ve been following along with our PDC Home Tour Darts coverage, you know what our basic strategy is for the early part of this first-of-its-kind event. Given the unfamiliar environment and format for this tournament– the players are at home, play is sometimes interrupted by phone calls and the matches are short — it seems unwise to back big favorites.
I’m not sure how many people are out here grinding out the PDC Home Tour everyday but Thursday delivered the up-and-down sweat you just love if you’re a bettor. In the end Chris Dobey won the group as the odds-on favorite but there was plenty of drama and a dog.
Dobey became the fifth group favorite to win his respective group, but it was still a decent night for big underdogs thanks to wins by Ciaran Teehan and Kai Fan Leung, who wrapped up his final match at 5 a.m. local time.
What type of shenanigans will we see on Friday?
PDC Home Tour Night 15 Betting Odds and Picks
Friday, May 1 at 2:30 p.m. ET
- No. 27 Darren Webster (+175)
- No. 73 Scott Baker (+275)
- No. 105 Andy Hamilton (+275)
- No. 121 Bradley Brooks (+400)
- Darren Webster (-215) v Bradley Brooks (+165)
- Scott Baker (-106) v Andy Hamilton (-121)
- Bradley Brooks (+110) v Andy Hamilton (-139)
- Darren Webster (-182) v Scott Baker (+142)
- Scott Baker (-118) v Bradley Brooks (-110)
- Andy Hamilton (+132) v Darren Webster (-167)
You could say that every group in the PDC Home Tour is wide open because of the short matches and the fact that rusty players are playing in their own living rooms, but, due to the lack of a true favorite, Group 15 is really up for grabs.
Darren “Demolition Man” Webster has been around the game for a couple decades and is the +175 headliner on Friday but there’s a lot of factors playing against him on Friday. Although his 90.56 average over the past year is the best mark in this group, his form isn’t what you’d call “favorite material.” In fact, three of the four players in Group 14 boasted better 365-day averages than Webster.
He’s still a solid player and can win this group going away, but you could argue that this is the only group that would feature Webster at the top of the odds. Luckily for him, the rest of this group leaves something to be desired, as well.
Like Webster, Andy “The Hammer” Hamilton is a darts veteran whose best years are behind him. And like Webster, I question how seriously Hamilton will take The Home Tour. We’ve seen plenty of the long-in-the-tooth players go down without a fight and, for the most part, Hamilton’s odds are too short to be interesting. That being said, I view his show-closing matchup with Webster as a 50/50 match so I’ll gladly take the +132 on Hamilton there.
Even though you can basically throw form out the window in a weird tournament like The Home Tour, you still would like to have a reason to back a player. Unfortunately, Scott “The Mod” Baker’s stats over the past year don’t inspire much confidence. I’ll still have a go with Baker against Webster,
That brings us to Bradley “Bamm Bamm” Brooks, the group’s youngest player by far at 20 years old. If I’m going to take a shot in this tournament I’m going to target high-ceiling players and hope they are on song.
The prices on the younger, unproven players in The Home Tour have been good throughout the first two weeks and I’ll keep backing them. Motivation is certainly a factor in this tournament and I’d expect Brooks to be plenty inspired on Friday. This is a terrific opportunity for the 20-year-old to make a name for himself and all he’s got to do is keep his nerve over three best-of-9-leg matches. He may not be the best player in this set, but any of these guys can get hot enough to take this thing on Friday.
When a contest is this wide open it behooves you to take a shot on a big price.
PDC Home Tour Night 15 Betting Picks
- Bradley Brooks (+400) to win Group 15
- Bradley Brooks (+165) over Darren Webster
- Scott Baker (+142) over Darren Webster
- Andy Hamilton (+132) over Darren Webster
PDC Home Tour Betting Record: 19-30, +5.05 units
PDC Home Tour Odds and Schedule
PDC Home Tour Group Winners
- Group 1: Jamie Lewis (+600)
- Group 2: Luke Woodhouse (+600)
- Group 3: Dave Chisnall (-134)
- Group 4: Geert Nentjes (+250)
- Group 5: Nick Kenny (+450)
- Group 6: Ryan Searle (+180)
- Group 7: Jelle Klaasen (+200)
- Group 8: Jonny Clayton (+130)
- Group 9: Martijn Kleermaker (+350)
- Group 10: Nathan Aspinall (-177)
- Group 11: Mike van Duivenbode (+300)
- Group 12: Max Hopp (+175)
- Group 13: Carl Wilkinson (+450)
- Group 14: Chris Dobey (-118)
PDC Home Tour Darts Tournament Rules and Format
- If you’re unfamiliar with the rules of darts, click here.
- The tournament will feature 32 groups of four players who will play a round robin to determine a group winner.
- One group plays per day, for 32 days in a row. Yes, 32 days in a row.
- All group-stage matches are best-of-9 legs and two points will be awarded for a win. If there is a tie at the top of standings, the first tiebreaker will be leg difference.
- After the 32-day group stage, the winners will advance to the second phase of the competition. I’m assuming that means a single-elimination, bracket-style tournament. But, the PDC website didn’t go any further than that.
- The action will begin at 2:30 p.m. ET (7:30 p.m. local time) each night and stream on PDC.tv, free of charge.
- The first eight groups have been announced, along with the order of play, though the PDC has yet to confirm the remaining competitors.