For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Jordan Spieth’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1200
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +700
- Point total odds: 2.5 (o +125, u -165)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 2
- Ryder Cup match play history: 0-2 (50.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 1-0-2 (100.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 3-1 (75.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Jordan Spieth’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: The putter is back. For a large portion of the season, Spieth couldn’t make a putt. But over the past couple months, he figured out the flat stick and could cause Europe some problems.
Worst asset: The tee ball. Spieth has a tendency to get a little wild off the tee, and that will cause problems in France. If the rough is up like it should be, that will limit many of the inaccurate U.S. drivers — along with Spieth’s ability to attack with the approach game. That could lead to more defensive play.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 6 out of 10. He’s been great in the team portions, usually pairing with Patrick Reed, but hasn’t picked up a result in singles play. I expect the USA to need a Spieth-Reed duo to get going if the team is picking up the win in Europe, but neither has really shown much of a sign leading up to the event that he’ll be ready.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 2.5 Points
Jordan Spieth’s Metrics
Here’s how Spieth ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 32nd in world, 18th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 22nd in world, 14th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 26th in world, 12th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 136th in world, 20th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.