2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Paul Casey’s Steadiness Will Be an Asset for Europe
Jul 19, 2018; Carnoustie, SCT; Paul Casey plays his shot from the 14th tee during the first round of The Open Championship golf tournament at Carnoustie Golf Links. Mandatory Credit: Steven Flynn-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Paul Casey’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +2500
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +1200
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o +105, u -135)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 3
- Ryder Cup match play history: 1-1-1 (50.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 1-1 (50.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 1-0-3 (100.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Paul Casey’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Ball-striking. Casey remains one of the world’s preeminent second-shot masters. His high percentage of greens in regulation should make him a tough out in every match, as he doesn’t make too many mistakes and keeps himself in every hole.
Worst asset: Camaraderie. He’s one of the more congenial players on the PGA Tour, but remember: Casey was ineligible for the Ryder Cup two years ago when he refused to take up European Tour membership. As a result, he might be considered a bit more of an outsider than other veterans on the team.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 7 out of 10. One of the game’s most consistent players, he might not dominate a match, but he won’t struggle, either. A hot opponent can beat him; anyone off his game will have a tough time.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Paul Casey’s Metrics
Here’s how Casey ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 29th in world, 17th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 28th in world, 15th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 13th in world, 7th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 89th in world, 15th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.