2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Paul Casey’s Steadiness Will Be an Asset for Europe
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Paul Casey’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +2500
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +1200
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o +105, u -135)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 3
- Ryder Cup match play history: 1-1-1 (50.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 1-1 (50.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 1-0-3 (100.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Paul Casey’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Ball-striking. Casey remains one of the world’s preeminent second-shot masters. His high percentage of greens in regulation should make him a tough out in every match, as he doesn’t make too many mistakes and keeps himself in every hole.
Worst asset: Camaraderie. He’s one of the more congenial players on the PGA Tour, but remember: Casey was ineligible for the Ryder Cup two years ago when he refused to take up European Tour membership. As a result, he might be considered a bit more of an outsider than other veterans on the team.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 7 out of 10. One of the game’s most consistent players, he might not dominate a match, but he won’t struggle, either. A hot opponent can beat him; anyone off his game will have a tough time.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Paul Casey’s Metrics
Here’s how Casey ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 29th in world, 17th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 28th in world, 15th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 13th in world, 7th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 89th in world, 15th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.