2019 Kentucky Derby Results, Payouts: Country House Wins After Maximum Security Disqualified
Mark Zerof, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Luis Saez aboard Maximum Security
- No. 20 Country House, a 65-1 longshot, was declared the winner of the 2019 Kentucky Derby after No. 7 Maximum Security was disqualified.
- Country House is the second-biggest longshot to ever win the Run for the Roses.
- Code of Honor finished second and Tacitus finished third, leading to huge payouts for exactas and trifectas.
- A $2 exacta paid out $3,009.60 and a $2 trifecta paid out $11,475.30.
The most exciting two minutes turned into the most awkward 20 minutes in sports on the First Saturday in May.
No. 7 Maximum Security (9-2) went wire-to-wire to cross the finish line first, but was taken down after an objection was filed and inquiry was made into whether or not Maximum Security and his jockey, Luis Saez, impeded the path of No. 1 War of Will illegally.
After a long review, Maximum Security was taken down and No. 20 Country House, the 65-1 longshot who crossed the line second, was declared the winner, becoming the second-biggest longshot to win the Run for the Roses.
No. 13 Code of Honor (14-1) officially finished second and No. 8 Tacitus (5-1) finished third, setting up a huge payday for anybody who played the correct exotics.
2019 Kentucky Derby Results, Payouts
- Win: No. 20 Country House (65-1)
- Place: No. 13 Code of Honor (14-1)
- Show: No. 8 Tacitus (5-1)
Here are the payouts for exactas, trifectas and superfectas:
- Exacta: 20-13, $2 wins $3,009.60
- Trifecta: 20-13-8, $2 wins $11,475.30
- Superfecta: 20-13-8-5, $2 wins $51,400.10
2019 Kentucky Derby Full Finishing Order
- DQ — Maximum Security
- Country House
- Code of Honor
- Game Winner
- Master Fencer
- War of Will
- Plus Que Parfait
- Win Win Win
- Cutting Humor
- By My Standards
- Long Range Toddy
- Gray Magician