2019 NFL MVP Odds Tracker: Jackson Will Be the Award Winner
Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Lamar Jackson
- We're tracking 2019 NFL MVP odds every week throughout the season.
- See the latest update below, including the biggest risers and fallers.
While -715 theoretically left some wiggle room in the NFL MVP race, Lamar Jackson’s improvement to -5000 signals that the race is over.
Jackson and the Ravens smoked the Jets on Thursday Night Football, basically sealing the deal for Baltimore’s quarterback.
With Jackson such a large favorite, there’s little room left for many other players, especially for anyone else to have improved their odds after Week 15.
Here’s the full list of NFL MVP odds following Week 15.
Click on the date to sort.
2019 NFL MVP ODDS
NFL MVP Race Takeaways
- Risers: Other than Jackson, there were no risers.
- Fallers: Besides Jackson and Michael Thomas, every player listed at DraftKings Sportsbook fell following Week 15.
- Non-QBs: Thomas is now best of the non-quarterbacks at 100-1.
- Defensive Players: There are no defensive players listed at DraftKings.
NFL MVP Betting History
Over the past decade, quarterbacks have dominated the MVP circuit. Running backs were once a more popular choice, winning seven times between 1991 and 2006, but Adrian Peterson’s 2012 season is the only non-QB MVP season since then.
If oddsmakers had a say in the voting, quarterbacks would command every possible vote considering they are capable of moving the line upwards of six points while a non-QB seldom moves the line even one point.
Historical odds via sportsoddshistory.com