Seahawks Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Russell Wilson
Seattle Seahawks Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 8.5 (-120)/Under 8.5 (even)
- Odds to win the NFC West: +350
- Odds to make the NFC Playoffs: +150
- Odds to win the NFC Championship: 15-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 30-1
The Seahawks made it back to the playoffs last year with a 10-win campaign. Their win total sits at 8.5 this season.
What are realistic expectations for Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll and the Seahawks in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 8.2
Seattle was very fortunate in the turnover department last year. Part of the reason? They recovered fumbles at an unusually high rate. While those stats are an outlier, my model does not expect them to completely regress to the mean.
As long as Russell Wilson is healthy, the Seahawks should still be able to dominate in turnover differential. In the past five seasons, they have never finished in the bottom half of the league. It’s a metric we need to treat carefully while still factoring it into the model; certain QBs/coaches can sustain a positive turnover margin better than others.
Seattle comes in with a B+ grade, but I do not want to take Over 8.5 wins. With Frank Clark gone and Jarran Reed suspended six games, the Seahawks are going to struggle to put pressure on the QB. The QBs they face during those six games include Big Ben, Drew Brees, Kyler Murray, Jared Goff and Baker Mayfield. Yikes. All of them will be able to pick them apart if they have a clean pocket.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 vs. Bengals: Seahawks -7.5
- Week 2 at Steelers: Seahawks +3
- Week 3 vs. Saints: Seahawks +0.5
- Week 4 at Cardinals: Seahawks -3
- Week 5 vs. Rams: Seahawks +1
- Week 6 at Browns: Seahawks +3.5
- Week 7 vs. Ravens: Seahawks -3
- Week 8 at Falcons: Seahawks +3.5
- Week 9 vs. Buccaneers: Seahawks -5.5
- Week 10 at 49ers: Seahawks +1.5
- Week 12 at Eagles: Seahawks +4.5
- Week 13 vs. Vikings: Seahawks -1.5
- Week 14 at Rams: Seahawks +6.5
- Week 15 at Panthers: Seahawks +3
- Week 16 vs. Cardinals: Seahawks -8
- Week 17 vs. 49ers: Seahawks -3