Premier League Odds, Best Bet Pick (Friday, Feb. 28): Expect a Low-Scoring Norwich City vs. Leicester City Affair?
Chloe Knott – Danehouse/Getty Image. Pictured: Harvey Barnes, Jamie Vardy and Ben Chigwell
- Norwich City takes on Leicester City in the English Premier League on Friday at 3 p.m. ET.
- Jeremy Pond breaks down the matchup, including his best bet pick for this game.
Premier League Odds: Leicester City at Norwich City
- Leicester City odds: -138
- Norwich City odds: +350
- Draw: +275
- Over/Under: 3 (+105/-130)
- Time: Friday, 3 p.m. ET
- TV: Sky Sports
Norwich City and Leicester City kick off this week’s Premier League slate with Friday’s showdown at Carrow Road.
Leicester City has not been in top form as of late, winning just one match in its last six Premier League outings. The Foxes suffered a 1-0 home setback against Manchester City in their most recent contest. Finding the back of the net has been the recent issue for Leicester, which has been shut out in its last two games.
This has to worry manager Brendan Rodgers, whose club ranks fifth in expected goals (43.10) in the league this season. Leicester City had been blanked only three times in its 24 previous Premier League games prior to its recent goal-scoring drought.
Norwich City vs. Leicester City Tale of the Tape
- The total has stayed under 2.5 goals in Norwich City’s last three home Premier League matches
- Leicester City has scored at least two goals in its last three matches at Norwich City across all competitions
- Norwich City has allowed at least one goal in 12 of 13 home league matches this campaign
- Leicester City has been shut out just five times in 27 league matches this season
On the other side, things could not be going any worse for Norwich City and its supporters. The Canaries were handed a 3-0 loss against Wolverhampton over the weekend and have failed to score in three consecutive tilts.
Making the situation even uglier is the fact Norwich City, which is 18th in the league with 28.94 expected goals, is winless in 13 of its last 14 league fixtures. That lone victory over the course of the last three months came on January 18 against AFC Bournemouth.
This match looks relatively easy to forecast on paper, but I am not sure the obvious play is the right way to go. Norwich City held visiting Liverpool at bay almost the entire match before succumbing late on, falling 1-0 at home. Combine the fact the Canaries are 1-1-2 in their last four at Carrow Road and Leicester City has been anything but spectacular as of late, I am staying away from a side and backing the under on the total in a low-scoring affair.
The Bet: Total Under 3 Goals (-130)