Premier League Odds & Betting Picks: Crystal Palace vs. Brighton, Liverpool vs. Watford
Warren Little/Getty Images.
- Betting the Premier League this weekend? Our soccer expert, Jeremy Pond, takes a look at the most valuable bets on Saturday's schedule.
- See his picks for Saturday including bets on Liverpool vs. Watford and Crystal Palace vs. Brighton.
As several clubs are trying to exit the relegation zone, Liverpool pulled off its own “Great Escape” in its last match in Premier League action, defeating West Ham, 3-2, after falling behind in the second half.
Now, the soon-to-be league champion journeys to Watford for Saturday’s match with a chance at history on the line.
But first, let’s jump into Saturday’s first match — a showdown between Crystal Palace and Brighton.
Crystal Palace at Brighton & Hove Albion
- Crystal Palace odds: +295
- Brighton odds: +106
- Draw: +220
- Over/Under: 2 (-134/+108)
- Time: Saturday, 7:30 a.m. ET
Two clubs mired in mediocrity go for all three points at American Express Community Stadium when Brighton & Hove Albion hosts Crystal Palace.
Brighton has been stuck in neutral, picking up just one win in its last seven league contests. The Seagulls, alone in 15th place and four points clear of the bottom, have a 1-4-7 record (yes, seven draws) in their last 12 matches. The Brighton offense has been solid, though, recording at least one goal in 10 of those matches and currently sit in 11th place in expected goals (36.68) this season.
Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Crystal Palace Tale of the Tape
- Crystal Palace is winless in its last six Premier League road matches
- Brighton has played to a 1-1 draw in its last three home league contests
- Crystal Palace has recorded a goal in its last four league road tilts
- The total has stayed under 2.5 goals in Brighton’s last five home league contests
On the other side, Crystal Palace enters the match off a 1-0 shutout against Newcastle United. The victory was good enough to keep the club in 13th place on 33 points and well clear of the relegation zone.
That win was a welcomed result for the Eagles, who went 1-4-6 in their previous 10 league outings and lost three consecutive contests prior to the victory.