Premier League Week 31 Preview: Bettors Expect Liverpool to Roll Over Fulham
Getty Images. Pictured: Sadio Mane
- There are only five Premier League matches on the board this weekend due to FA Cup quarterfinal action but Sunday features Everton-Chelsea (12:30 p.m. ET on NBCSports) and Fulham-Liverpool (10:15 a.m. ET on NBC Sports).
- Bettors expect Liverpool and Chelsea to come away with easy victories after picking up road wins in European competition this past week.
It’s been an incredibly successful couple weeks for the Premier League with four clubs qualifying for the Champions League quarterfinals (Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham) and two others making the Europa League quarterfinals (Arsenal and Chelsea).
England now makes up 37.5% of the teams left in European cup competition and the odds of an EPL club winning the Champions League are -150.
Only two of those clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool, will be playing a Premier League match this weekend due to the FA Cup quarterfinals.
The Blues have a chance to move within a single point of Tottenham for third-place if they can defeat Everton on the road, and the Reds can surpass Man City at the top of the league by defeating Fulham.
Despite just a single point gap at the top of the standings, Manchester City remain -275 favorites to win the league while Liverpool are +225.
2018-19 Season Trends
- Home teams dominated again in Week 30, winning seven of the 10 matches. They’re now +28 units on the season while draws have dipped down all the way to -80 units.
- Leicester City regained their winning ways against lowly Fulham to keep the top spot in moneyline profitability (+12.52 units).
- Fulham continue to be the least profitable club, costing bettors more than 20 units.