Gold Cup Semifinal Odds, Betting Preview: USA vs. Jamaica
Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: USA goalkeeper Zack Steffen
- USA will face Jamaica in the Gold Cup semifinal on Wednesday, July 3 at 9:30 p.m. ET (FS1 and Univision).
- It's the 14th semifinal appearance for USA in 15 Gold Cups, a tournament record, and they're -450 favorites to advance to the final.
Neither side was very impressive in the quarterfinal, but USA and Jamaica both picked up 1-0 victories over Curacao and Panama, respectively, to reach the 2019 Gold Cup semifinal.
USA were massive -1750 favorites to advance past Curacao while Jamaica were +115 underdogs against Panama.
PULISIC ➡️ MCKENNIE = GOAL 🔥
— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) July 1, 2019
In the other quarterfinal matches, Haiti impressively came back to upset Canada, 3-2, as +260 underdogs and Mexico eked past Costa Rica on penalty kicks, 5-4, as -500 favorites.
Mexico are now odds-on favorites to win the Gold Cup at -130 and are -1500 favorites to advance past Haiti in the semifinal on Tuesday (10:30 p.m. ET).
Odds to Win 2019 Gold Cup
El Tri have won seven Gold Cup titles, one ahead of USA’s six, while Canada were the only other winners back in 2000.
Based on the odds there’s a 77% chance of Mexico and USA meeting in the final for the first time since 2011. The final is set for Sunday at 9 p.m. ET (FS1).
USA vs. Jamaica Betting Odds
July 3 at 8:30 p.m. ET on FS1 and Univision
- To Advance: USA -450, Jamaica +300
- USA Moneyline: -200
- Jamaica Moneyline: +600
- Draw: +300
- Spread: USA -1 (-105)
- Over/Under: 2.5 (u-150)
USA have reached the Gold Cup semifinal for a record 14th time in 15 tournaments, while Jamaica are making their fifth appearance.
Surprisingly all the early line movement has been toward Jamaica for Tuesday’s battle in Nashville, Tenn. Since opening, the moneyline on the Reggae Boyz has dropped from +725 to +600 to win and +330 to +300 for a draw.
However, Jamaica will be without a key center-back in Damion Lowe who is suspended due to yellow card accumulation. That could be a big blow defensively against USA’s attack.
USA have looked bright at times in this tournament and still haven’t conceded a goal, but they haven’t exactly been dominant besides the Trinidad & Tobago performance. They’ve also been favorites to win each game so they’ve simply met expectations to this point.
That could turn out to be a good thing for those hoping to back USA at better odds. And if you are looking to get down on USA, then now might be the time.
They were listed as -220 favorites to beat Panama in a group match they didn’t exactly have to win, and Panama were then listed as favorites over Jamaica in the quarterfinal. The true odds for USA against Jamaica should be at least -220, and probably closer to -230 or -240.
If you shop around the betting market you can find the moneyline as low as -190 to win in regulation and that’s a price I’m willing to take.
In the totals market, sharp bettors are backing the under (2.5) and under (2.25) and some sportsbooks have dropped it down to 2. USA and Jamaica have played under the total in their last two matches apiece.
USA vs. Jamaica Prop Bets
- Gyasi Zardes and Jozy Altidore are once again the co-favorites to score the first goal of the game at +400 odds. There are 10 USA players listed before a Jamaican player (Darren Mattocks +1000).
- Both teams to score during the match is listed at +140. Either team to keep a clean sheet is -180.
- The most likely outcome based on the odds are USA 1-0, USA 2-0, Draw 1-1, USA 2-1 and Draw 0-0.
- USA are now +140 to be leading after HT and FT. This is another bet I’m willing to make in hopes that USA get off to a strong start.