Paul Casey 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: Overlooked in a Major Once Again
Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Paul Casey
Paul Casey 2019 British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 50-1
- DFS Pricing: $8,300 DraftKings; $9,900 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 5:09 a.m. ET Thursday; 10:10 a.m. ET Friday
If it’s a major or just any big field, you can bet Casey is going to be overlooked. That’s true yet again this week, as he’s only $8,300 on DraftKings and is offering solid top-20 odds. That said, he’s historically struggled at British Opens: He finished T-11 in 2017, but that was his only finish inside the top 51 since 2010.
He’s theoretically a good fit for the tournament. He ranks first in Total Driving this season, and his Recent Adjusted Round Score is the eighth-best mark in the field after a 21st at the U.S. Open and a fifth at the Travelers. He displayed his usual accuracy in those tournaments, and he had a win not too long ago. The upside may not be there for a major victory, but I think he’s a solid DFS play in tournaments if you want to take a balanced approach.
Paul Casey British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Paul Casey ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 18
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 43
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 28
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 8
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 40
- Total Driving: 1
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 16