Updated 2018 College Football Bowl Games: Full Schedule, Odds, Playoff Games
- College football championship weekend is in the books and the matchups for all 39 bowl games are out.
- Check out the odds for all 39 bowl games in comparison to our proprietary power ratings.
College football bowl season — a holiday gift to bettors far and wide — is right around the corner.
With the bowl slate set, let’s dive into the master schedule, along with our projected point spreads.
If you’re looking to get action down right away, be sure to check out Collin Wilson’s breakdown of the opening bowl lines he already bet.
2018 College Football Bowl Schedule, Odds
Here are the bowl participants, along with the opening spread side-by-side with the what we think the line should be according to our proprietary power ratings.
You can compare the two numbers to find betting value.
2018 College Football Bowl Projections
Below you’ll find full bowl projections as of 1 a.m. ET after conference championship Saturday.
Want to see where your favorite team is going? All 39 bowl games are below, broken up into three parts — College Football Playoff, the rest of the New Year’s Six bowls and everything else.
College Football Playoff Field
This is the official field announced on Sunday.
College Football New Year’s Six Bowls Projections
Texas is automatically in the Sugar Bowl since Oklahoma got a College Football Playoff spot, while Michigan goes to the Peach Bowl because Ohio State gets the Rose Bowl spot.
Every Other 2018 Bowl Game Projection
We’ve got more bowl-eligible teams than spots. There are 82 after Virginia Tech reached six wins by beating Marshall as a short favorite on Saturday.
As for who gets left out, it’s anyone’s guess. Right now, there are no spots for Wyoming, Miami Ohio, UL Monroe and Nevada.
Here are the rest of the bowl projections:
College Football Bowl Tie-Ins for 2018-19
College Football Playoff
- Cotton Bowl semifinal (Arlington, Texas)
- Orange Bowl semifinal (Miami)
New Year’s Six
- Sugar (New Orleans): Big 12 vs. SEC
- Rose (Pasadena, Calif.): Big Ten vs. Pac-12
- Peach (Atlanta): At-large vs. at-large
- Fiesta (Glendale, Ariz.): At-large vs. at-large
The highest-ranked Group of 5 team will go to either the Peach or Fiesta Bowl, depending on geography.
Every Other Bowl
BYU was supposed to be tied to the Poinsettia Bowl, but that no longer exists. The Cougars do have a deal with ESPN that guarantees they’ll play in a bowl if eligible.
Liberty has a deal with the Cure Bowl, as well, but it might be tough for the Flames to get to six qualifying wins — even if the Flames beat New Mexico State and Norfolk State, they’ll have two FCS wins, and only one counts toward the six-win threshold.
- Citrus Bowl (Orlando): SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten
- Outback Bowl (Tampa): Big Ten vs. SEC
- Gator Bowl (Jacksonville): SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten
- Holiday Bowl (San Diego): Big Ten vs. Pac-12
- Liberty Bowl (Memphis): Big 12 vs. SEC
- Military Bowl (Annapolis): ACC vs. American
- Alamo Bowl (San Antonio): Big 12 vs. Pac-12
- Arizona Bowl (Tucson): Mountain West vs. Sun Belt
- Camping World Bowl (Orlando): Big 12 vs. ACC
- Sun Bowl (El Paso): ACC vs. Pac-12
- Belk Bowl (Charlotte): SEC vs. ACC
- Music City Bowl (Nashville): SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten
- Texas Bowl (Houston): Big 12 vs. SEC
- Pinstripe Bowl (New York City): Big Ten vs. ACC
- Independence Bowl (Shreveport, La.): SEC vs. ACC
- Cactus Bowl (Tempe): Big 12 vs. Pac-12
- Quick Lane Bowl (Detroit): Big Ten vs. ACC
- Heart of Dallas Bowl: Big Ten vs. Conference USA
- San Francisco Bowl: Big Ten vs. Pac-12
- Hawaii Bowl: Mountain West vs. Conference USA
- Dollar General Bowl (Mobile): MAC vs. Sun Belt
- Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth): Big 12 vs. American
- Birmingham Bowl: SEC vs. American
- Potato Bowl (Boise): Mountain West vs. MAC
- Bahamas Bowl: Conference USA vs. MAC
- Gasparilla Bowl (Tampa): American vs. Conference USA
- Frisco Bowl (Texas): American vs. at-large
- Boca Raton Bowl: American vs. Conference USA
- New Orleans Bowl: Sun Belt vs. Conference USA
- Cure Bowl (Orlando): American vs. Sun Belt
- Camellia Bowl (Montgomery, Ala.): Sun Belt vs. MAC
- Las Vegas Bowl: Pac-12 vs. Mountain West
- New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque): Mountain West vs. Conference USA