Marshall vs. FAU Odds & Picks: Each Team Due to Regress in Different Way
Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Chris Robson
- The betting odds for Friday night's game between Marshall and FAU opened with Florida Atlantic as a 5.5-point favorite and the over/under at 65.
- We've seen a ton of odds movement since then. Here's how our experts are betting tonight's game, with picks on the spread and total.
Marshall vs. Florida Atlantic Odds & Picks
- Odds: FAU -5.5
- Over/Under: 58.5
- Moneyline: FAU -220, Marshall +180
- Time: 6:30 p.m. ET
- TV: CBS Sports Network
Odds as of Friday at 9 a.m. ET and via PointsBet, where Action Network users get an exclusive 200% deposit match (deposit $50, bet with $150).
There are bad beats, then there is Florida Atlantic hosting Marshall in 2017.
With the exact same point spread as Friday’s game — FAU -5.5 — Florida Atlantic seemed to have this game all but wrapped up with 14 seconds left in the game.
What happened was astounding — an intentional safety with a 7-point lead and less than 15 seconds left to let Marshall cover +5.5 — and the acknowledgement from Florida Atlantic head coach Lane Kiffin that he knew the point spread is enough get a gambler in a rocket and aim at the sun.
Alas, here we are in the same venue with the same teams and the same line.
Wilson: 3 Key Factors for Marshall-FAU
This game is about three things for me:
- Marshall’s strong running game
- Marshall’s inability to convert drives to points
- And if both teams running ’12’ personnel so often favors the defenses