Download the App Image

2022 NFL Draft Order: Jaguars Secure No. 1 Pick Thanks To Lions Win, Plus Projections For First-Round Picks

2022 NFL Draft Order: Jaguars Secure No. 1 Pick Thanks To Lions Win, Plus Projections For First-Round Picks article feature image
Credit:

Carmen Mandato/Getty Images. Pictured: Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence.

Update (5 p.m. ET on Sunday): With the Lions’ win over the Packers, the Jaguars have officially secured the No. 1 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft despite their own win over the Colts. And Detroit has locked in the second overall pick.

Below is our expert’s projected draft order base on Sunday’s early-afternoon results — we’ll update these once again after the late-afternoon games.

2022 NFL Draft Order Projections

Pick Team
1 Jaguars
2 Lions
3 Texans
4 Jets
5 Giants
6 Panthers
7 Giants (via Bears)
8 Jets (via Seahawks)
9 Broncos
10 Falcons
11 Washington
12 Eagles (via Dolphins)
13 Browns
14 Vikings
15 Ravens
16 Eagles (via Colts)
17 Saints
18 Raiders
19 Dolphins (via 49ers)
20 Chargers
21 Steelers
22 Eagles
23 Bengals
24 Cardinals
25 Patriots
26 Lions (via Rams)
27 Cowboys
28 Bills
29 Bucs
30 Chiefs
31 Titans
32 Packers
Note: The above is not the final order for the 2022 NFL Draft — only projections heading into Week 18. The six first-round picks that have been traded are identified as such.
New York: Claim a FREE $300 to bet today’s slate!

Get $300 just for signing up!

Get a $1,000 risk-free bet!

… and more!

Editor’s note: The rest of this story was written on Sunday morning.

While contenders are gearing up for the playoffs, pretenders are turning their attention to the 2022 NFL Draft.

The 2-14 Jaguars would officially lock in the No. 1 overall pick for the second year in a row with a loss to the Colts, who are hoping to clinch a postseason berth when the two teams meet in the regular-season finale on Sunday.

The 2-13-1 Lions are still mathematically “in the hunt” for the top pick, though.

If the Jaguars upset the Colts in Week 18, the Lions could secure positioning at the top of the first round with a win over the Packers, who are already locked into the NFC’s 1-seed and have little else to play for in Week 18.

The Jaguars are 14-point underdogs against the Colts, while the Lions are only 4-point underdogs against the Packers (check real-time NFL odds here), so it makes sense why our expert’s model gives Jacksonville a 90.8% chance of finishing with the first overall pick and Detroit only a 9.2% chance.

We also used the model — which is one of six that powers our NFL PRO Projections — to project various teams’ chances of finishing with a top-five or -10 pick. (Note: these projections do not factor in the results of Saturday’s games.)

2022 NFL Draft Projections

Team Top 5 Pick% Top 10 Pick%
Jaguars 100.00% 100.00%
Lions 100.00% 100.00%
Texans 100.00% 100.00%
Jets 95.50% 100.00%
Giants 65.20% 100.00%
Panthers 39.30% 100.00%
Bears 0.00% 80.70%
Falcons 0.00% 72.10%
Broncos 0.00% 51.20%
Browns 0.00% 30.80%
Vikings 0.00% 13.10%
Dolphins 0.00% 0.50%

How would you rate this article?