Bills vs. Bears Preseason Betting Odds: Buffalo’s QB Competition Continues
Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Josh Allen
Betting Odds: Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears (-3)
- Buffalo Bills Moneyline: +130
- Chicago Bears Moneyline: -150
- Over/Under: 36.5
- Kickoff: Aug. 30, 2018 – 8 p.m. ET
Week 4 of the Bills’ preseason quarterback competition is here. A.J. McCarron (collarbone) has returned to practice and is still in the race after seventh-overall pick Josh Allen failed to impress in his Week 3 start.
Meanwhile, incumbent backup Nathan Peterman has been the clear winner on the stat sheet.
- Allen: 24-of-44 passes completed (54.5%), 210 yards, 4.8 yards per attempt, 2 TD, 0 INT
- McCarron: 10-of-16 passes completed (62.5%), 128 yards, 8.0 yards per attempt, 0 TD, 0 INT
- Peterman: 33-of-41 passes completed (80.5%), 431 yards, 10.5 yards per attempt, 3 TD, 1 INT
The Bears overhauled their receiver room, adding Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel and Trey Burton in free agency then drafting Anthony Miller in the second round. This has left 2015 first-rounder Kevin White on the outside looking in, although he’s managed to finally flash going into his fourth season.
White has played in five of a possible 48 games since entering the league but offers a size/speed combination that is lacking on the Bears roster.
Kevin White truthers stand up!!! (toasted Orlando Scandrick) pic.twitter.com/t5ulpNIUtO
— Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) August 25, 2018