Betting Odds: Denver Broncos at Arizona Cardinals (-2.5)
- Denver Broncos Moneyline: +120
- Arizona Cardinals Moneyline: -140
- Over/Under: 35
- Kickoff: Aug. 30, 2018 – 10 p.m. ET
Head coach Vance Joseph didn’t rule out using the regular cast of running backs on Thursday night, but the competition has largely already been won by third-rounder Royce Freeman … on the stat sheet. Third-year back Devontae Booker worked alongside Freeman with the first-team offense for the entire preseason, indicating an early-season committee is on the horizon.
- Freeman: 15 carries, 84 rush yards, 5.6 yards per carry, 3 TDs, 23 first-team snaps
- Booker: 9 carries, 33 rush yards, 3.7 yards per carry, 25 first-team snaps
David Johnson is one of the league’s true game-changing talents regardless of position. The massive role Johnson’s talents command means the Cardinals’ backup running back is better positioned than most second-stringers to inherit a workhorse role should anything happen to the starter.
Fourth-rounder Chase Edmonds has emerged as the favorite for such duties in 2018.