Buccaneers vs. Dolphins Preseason Betting Odds: Tampa’s New-Look D-line Debuts
Betting odds: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins (-1.5)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Moneyline: +105
- Miami Dolphins Moneyline: -125
- Over/Under: 34
- Kickoff: Aug. 9, 2018 — 7 p.m. ET
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Bucs still have perennial Pro Bowler Gerald McCoy at defensive tackle, but otherwise this year’s defensive line won’t resemble the unit that last year ranked dead last in Football Outsiders’ Defense-Adjusted Value Over Average (DVOA) and totaled a league-low 22 sacks. Their offseason additions include:
- Vinny Curry: Pro Football Focus’ No. 25 edge defender in 2017
- Jason Pierre-Paul: Top-25 edge rusher in total pressures in 2016 and 2017
- Vita Vea: 347-pound No. 12 overall pick with freaky athleticism for an interior lineman
>> Download the free Action Network App to see betting picks from our experts on NFL preseason Week 1
The Dolphins enter Year 3 of the Adam Gase era with more questions than answers on offense.
Wide receiver Jarvis Landry’s departure leaves 161 targets up for grabs between incumbent starters Kenny Stills and DeVante Parker, as well as free-agent slot mavens Danny Amendola and Albert Wilson.
There’s even competition in the backfield, as late-season fantasy hero Kenyan Drake has been listed as a co-starter with 35-year-old Frank Gore on the team’s first depth chart. Gase’s reasoning? “Just to be an a—hole.” That’s a 100% real quotation.