Dolphins vs. Panthers Preseason Betting Odds: Who Will Be Tannehill’s Top WR?
Betting Odds: Miami Dolphins at Carolina Panthers (-3)
- Miami Dolphins Moneyline: +144
- Carolina Panthers Moneyline: -165
- Over/Under: 43
- Kickoff: Aug. 17, 2018 – 7:30 p.m. ET
The Dolphins have moved from +4 underdogs to +3 behind 74% of tickets and 84% of the public’s money. The Jarvis Landry trade leaves plenty of opportunity in the Dolphins wide receiver unit, which is expected to be without DeVante Parker (broken finger) and Kenny Stills (ankle) on Friday. Albert Wilson and Jakeem “The Dream” Grant are expected to start.
- Wilson: The former Chiefs slot receiver led the league in average yards of separation (Next-Gen Stats) in 2017 and ranked third in yards after the catch per reception.
- Grant: The diminutive speed merchant led the league in yards after the catch per reception (min. 20 targets) and ranked sixth in yards per route run last season.
There’s been warranted concern regarding 66-year-old Norv Turner’s ability to design a modern offense around Christian McCaffrey and Cam Newton’s unique skill sets. McCaffrey played on all 14 of Newton’s snaps last week and even earned the first-team offense’s goal-line carry ahead of assumed early-down grinder C.J. Anderson, who spent most of his time alongside second- and third-stringers. Increased rushing opportunity could be the cherry on top of McCaffrey’s fantasy-friendly workload.