Carson Strong Scouting Report & 2022 NFL Draft Profile
Ethan Miller/Getty Images. Pictured: Carson Strong.
Carson Strong NFL Draft Profile
Carson Strong NFL Draft Projections
An under-recruited two-sport athlete who received little interest from FBS programs, Carson Strong committed to Nevada the summer before his senior year and it’s lucky for him that he did, as a knee surgery forced him to sit out his final high school season.
After a redshirt campaign in 2018, Strong survived an intense training camp battle in 2019 to emerge as the No. 1 quarterback, starting every game for the Wolf Pack over the past two years (minus three weeks missed in 2019 to injury).
If Strong this season builds upon what he did in 2020, he could opt to leave college early and declare for the 2022 NFL draft.
- 2022 NFL Mock Draft: N/A
- 2022 Position Big Board: No. 8 QB
- 2022 NFL Draft Big Board: No. 44 Overall
- 2021 Devy Fantasy Rankings: No. 14 QB, No. 69 Overall
Carson Strong Scouting Report
- Good size (6-foot-4, 215 pounds).
- Careful with ball (just four interceptions in 2020).
- Sufficient arm strength.
- Improved from freshman to sophomore year (6.0 adjusted yards per attempt to 9.1).
- Plays in a stat-inflating offense.
- Needs to work on progressing through his reads.
- Net negative as a runner (-1.1 yards per carry, including sacks).
- Three-star recruit at a non-major program.
Carson Strong Stats
- 2020 (9 games): 355-2,858-27-4 passing | 70.1% completion rate
- 2019 (10 games): 374-2,335-11-7 passing | 63.4% completion rate
- 2018 (1 game): No passing states
- 2020 (9 games): 33/-95/0 rushing | -2.9 yards per carry
- 2019 (10 games): 54/-6/0 rushing | -0.1 yards per carry
- 2018 (1 game): 1/4/0 rushing | 4.0 yards per carry
Carson Strong & Nevada Betting Odds
Below are the best odds for various Carson Strong and Nevada betting markets as of May 25, 2021. Find reviews of the best online sportsbooks here.
- Carson Strong to Be No. 1 Pick in 2022 Draft: +4000 at BetMGM
- Carson Strong to Win Heisman Trophy: +25000 at FanDuel
- Nevada to Win National Championship: +100000 at DraftKings
Carson Strong & Nevada Market Analysis
Strong is a good player. He has potential this year and beyond.
First look at my top-ranked quarterbacks in the 2022 class:
1. Spencer Rattler, Oklahoma
2. Sam Howell, North Carolina
3. Malik Willis, Liberty
4. Carson Strong, Nevada
5. Desmond Ridder, Cincinnatihttps://t.co/ZDMmDXptli
— Mel Kiper Jr. (@MelKiperESPN) May 21, 2021
But I’m not betting on him or Nevada.
With his lack of rushing ability, Strong is highly unlikely to go No. 1 overall even if he has a great 2021 season, and it’s hard to imagine a non-running Group of Five quarterback winning the Heisman.
As for Nevada, I expect college football as a sport to cease to exist before a Mountain West team wins the national title. I’m an openminded person who thinks there’s maybe a 1% chance that Harry Potter is based on a true story — but even I find some scenarios incredibly unbelievable, and Nevada winning a national championship this season is one of them.
Matthew Freedman is 1,051-849-37 (+92.6 units) overall betting on the NFL. You can follow him in our free app.