Browns vs. Bills Preseason Betting Odds: Baker Mayfield vs. Josh Allen
Glenn Andrews-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen
Betting Odds: Buffalo Bills at Cleveland Browns (-3.5)
- Buffalo Bills Moneyline: +152
- Cleveland Browns Moneyline: -176
- Over/Under: 41
- Kickoff: Aug. 17, 2018 – 7:30 p.m. ET
The total has moved up since opening at 38.5, as 70% of tickets and 78% of the money have come in on the over. It makes sense: Although both teams have unsettled quarterback situations, they seem to have three competent preseason signal-callers and some terrible defenses.
There was more good than bad during the debut of No. 7 overall pick Josh Allen, but Nathan Peterman and A.J. McCarron aren’t ready to go down without a fight. Peterman and McCarron are once again expected to split first-team reps, so expect Allen to have plenty of second-half opportunities against Gregg Williams’ fantasy-friendly pass defense.
The trio of talented offensive rookies appear poised to make an impact at some point in 2018.
- No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield shined during his debut, although head coach Hue Jackson and general manager John Dorsey have continued to back Tyrod Taylor as the starting quarterback.
- Second-round running back Nick Chubb had more carries (15) than yards (11) last Thursday. He could struggle to land an early-season featured role in a crowded backfield.
- Fourth-round pick Antonio Callaway was “punished” for his off-field issues by playing nearly all four quarters of his debut. The No. 3 receiver’s 54-yard touchdown demonstrated his upside and ability after the catch.