Jets vs. Eagles Preseason Betting Odds: The Sam Darnold Era Has Arrived
Noah K. Murray-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Sam Darnold
Betting Odds: New York Jets (-1) at Philadelphia Eagles
- New York Jets Moneyline: -120
- Philadelphia Eagles Moneyline: +100
- Over/Under: 33.5
- Kickoff: Aug. 30, 2018 – 7 p.m. ET
New York Jets
Head coach Todd Bowles declined to reveal who would be under center Week 1, but Teddy Bridgewater was traded to the Saints, so it’s officially the Sam Darnold era.
It makes sense to play the No. 3 overall pick sooner than later, but Bridgewater did largely outplay the rookie over three preseason games:
- Bridgewater: 73.7% completion rate, 316 yards, 8.3 yards per attempt, 2 TDs, 1 INT
- Darnold: 64.4% completion rate, 244 yards, 5.4 yards per attempt, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Only 54% of public tickets have come in on the Jets moneyline, but they’ve received 76% of the money.
Head coach Doug Pederson will decide whether Carson Wentz (knee) or Nick Foles will start Week 1 on Friday.
In the meantime, the offense will be led by 2016 sixth-round pick Nate Sudfeld, Aaron Rodgers’ former backup Joe Callahan and notorious bust Christian Hackenberg. The Eagles might not carry three quarterbacks, but each of their signal-callers on Thursday night could garner interest elsewhere if they’re ultimately released.