Broncos vs. Browns Odds, NFL Picks, Predictions: A Case For Denver Covering The Thursday Night Football Spread
Getty Images. Pictured: Teddy Bridgewater, Courtland Sutton, Myles Garrett
- In search of Broncos vs. Browns odds? Find the spread and over/under in our preview to betting Thursday Night Football below.
- How should Cleveland's injuries impact Broncos vs. Broncos odds ? Our compares them to his own model projections to make his pick.
|Time||8:20 p.m. ET|
|TV||FOX, NFL Network|
The Browns opened up as four-point favorites, but the line has dropped to 1.5 due to numerous key offensive players — including star running backs Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt and Baker Mayfield — expected to be out come Thursday. That’s also why the total has also dropped from 43 to 41. The Broncos are banged up as well as Teddy Bridgewater deals with a foot injury. But can the Broncos overcome Case Keenum as he leads the Dawg Pound for Thursday Night Football?
Click to expand injury reports for both teams
Browns vs. Broncos Injury Report
- QB Baker Mayfield (left shoulder): Out
- RB Nick Chubb (calf): Out
- RB Kareem Hunt (calf): Out
- WR Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder): Questionable
- C JC Tretter (knee): Questionable
- T Jedrick Wills Jr. (ankle): Questionable
- T Jack Conklin (knee): Questionable
- CB A.J. Green (shoulder/groin): Out
- DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle/chest/knee): Questionable
- DT Malik Jackson (knee): Questionable
- LB Malcolm Smith (abdomen): Questionable
- LB Mack Wilson (calf): Questionable
- QB Teddy Bridgewater (foot): Questionable
- T Garett Bolles (knee): Questionable
- ILB Baron Browning (concussion): Out
- S Caden Sterns (illness): Questionable
Browns vs. Broncos Matchup
|Football Outsiders’ DVOA metric measures efficiency by comparing a team’s success on every play to the league average based on situation and opponent.|
Back Broncos, Teddy Covers
Given the plethora of injuries for Cleveland, the Broncos could implement a run-heavy conservative game plan to secure a win. Teddy Bridgewater is essentially the definition of a “game manager” quarterback, making this a great spot to back him. LT Garett Bolles suffered a knee injury in Week 6 but is expected to be fine for Thursday Night Football. His availability makes me like the Broncos even more here.
The Browns are dealing with multiple key injuries heading into this Week 7 matchup: Baker Mayfield has been ruled out due to his non-throwing shoulder injury. Case Keenum will start in his place and I’m only docking the Browns 2-3 points due to the QB change. However, the Browns will also be without both Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt.
The offensive line is also banged up as Jedrick Wills, JC Tretter and Jack Conklin are all questionable. The Browns have arguably the best offensive line and running back duo in the NFL. With both RBs out and the offensive line playing at less than full strength, that advantage has been wiped out. As a result, I’m lowering the Browns’ team rating by 1-3 more points depending on how many of their offensive line starters are ruled out.
As if things couldn’t get worse, the Browns may also be without both Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder) and Jarvis Landry (nearing a return from IR). It’s going to be difficult for the Browns to be missing so many key players on offense with only a few days to prepare.
Browns vs. Broncos Picks
I already locked in the Broncos +3.5 before the Mayfield news, but as I pointed out above — it’s also the absence of both RBs, offensive line injuries, and the potential to be without their top two WRs that has me projecting this game as a pick’em.
I still like the Broncos +2 here. If Beckham, Landry and at least one Browns offensive lineman are ruled out for TNF, I will be projecting the Broncos -1 or better.
Pick: Broncos +2 | Bet to: Pick’em
|More Browns-Broncos Odds, Picks, Trends|