Raiders Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Photo credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Derek Carr and Jon Gruden
Oakland Raiders Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 6 (-110)/Under 6 (-110)
- Odds to win the AFC West: 16-1
- Odds to make the AFC Playoffs: 5-1
- Odds to win the AFC Championship: 20-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 40-1
With Jon Gruden back at the helm, the 2018 Raiders disappointed, winning just four games and selling off Amari Cooper during the season.
What are realistic expectations for Gruden, Derek Carr and the Raiders in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 5.8
Antonio Brown has been in the news for all the wrong reasons the past couple weeks. I’m afraid the off-the-field difficulties he has brought to the team could become a problem on the field, as well. I mentioned in the Steelers’ section above that Big Ben would miss AB’s on-field presence given the chemistry the two had built over the years. Big Ben had an innate ability to anticipate when Brown was going to break off a route unexpectedly.
I’m afraid Derek Carr is no Big Ben, and there’s a chance that this experiment could backfire big time. To make matters worse, the Raiders have the third-toughest schedule according to my power ratings. I only have them favored in three games this year (only once over as more than a 2-point favorite). I like targeting Under 6; the chances they win five or fewer games appears greater than their odds of winning seven or more.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 vs. Broncos: Raiders -0.5
- Week 2 vs. Chiefs: Raiders +6
- Week 3 at Vikings: Raiders +7
- Week 4 at Colts: Raiders +5
- Week 5 vs. Bears: Raiders +5.5
- Week 7 at Packers: Raiders +7.5
- Week 8 at Texans: Raiders +6.5
- Week 9 vs. Lions: Raiders -1.5
- Week 10 vs. Chargers: Raiders +4
- Week 11 vs. Bengals: Raiders -4
- Week 12 at Jets: Raiders +3.5
- Week 13 at Chiefs: Raiders +11
- Week 14 vs. Titans: Raiders +0.5
- Week 15 vs. Jaguars: Raiders +1
- Week 16 at Chargers: Raiders +9
- Week 17 at Broncos: Raiders +4.5