Betting Odds: New Orleans Saints at Jacksonville Jaguars (-2.5)
- New Orleans Saints Moneyline: +125
- Jacksonville Jaguars Moneyline: -145
- Over/Under: 34.5
- Kickoff: Aug. 9, 2018 — 7 p.m. ET
New Orleans Saints
The Saints have always ranked among the league’s top-six and -12 offenses in yards and points during the Sean Payton-Drew Brees era. While wide receiver Michael Thomas and running back Alvin Kamara figure to lead the team this season at their positions, there’s opportunity to be had after the team released veteran slot receiver Brandon Coleman, who last year finished second on the Saints in snaps behind Thomas. The potential beneficiaries include wide receivers Cam Meredith (who displayed pristine route-running while posting a 66-888-4 line in 14 games with quarterbacks Matt Barkley, Brian Hoyer and Jay Cutler in 2016) and high-upside third-round rookie Tre’Quan Smith.
>> Download the free Action Network App to see betting picks from our experts on NFL preseason Week 1
There’s plenty of uncertainty in the Jaguars’ receiving room, as the position’s pecking order is largely unknown outside of No. 1 receiver Marqise Lee.
- Keelan Cole: Led all Jags receivers in snaps last season and converted 83 targets into a 42-748-3 line despite being an undrafted rookie
- Donte Moncrief: Has size and proven scoring ability, as well as a guaranteed $9.6 million contract
- D.J. Chark: Has earned rave reviews in camp as a second-rounder and possesses a draw-dropping 4.34-second 40-yard dash
- Dede Westbrook: Averaged 19.1 yards per reception as an All-American in his final college season and posted a 20-235-1 preseason line in 2017 as a rookie