Titans vs. Packers Preseason Betting Odds: Watch for Tennessee’s Scheme Changes
Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Marcus Mariota
Betting Odds: Tennessee Titans at Green Bay Packers (PK)
- Tennessee Titans Moneyline: -115
- Green Bay Packers Moneyline: -105
- Over/Under: 34.5
- Kickoff: Aug. 9, 2018 — 8 p.m. ET
New coach Mike Vrabel has entrusted former Rams offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur with improving last year’s No. 19 offense. Changes in scheme that could pop up in the preseason include:
- More tempo: The Rams ranked first in rate of play in pace-neutral situations last season. The Titans ranked 28th.
- Play action: Rams quarterback Jared Goff ranked second and ninth in play-action percentage and quarterback rating in 2017, while Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota ranked 12th and first.
- 11 personnel: The Rams used three-wide sets on a league-high 81% of their offensive snaps last year; the Titans tied for 29th at 44%.
>> Download the free Action Network App to see betting picks from our experts on NFL preseason Week 1
Green Bay Packers
The Packers have had a love/hate relationship with the pass in recent seasons. Per the FantasyLabs NFL Trends Tool, Packers quarterbacks and wide receivers have ranked second and first in DraftKings points per game (PPG) since 2014, while their defense has surrendered the third-most PPG to each position.
Rookie wide receivers J’Mon Moore, Equanimeous St. Brown and Marquez Valdes-Scantling will battle veterans Geronimo Allison and DeAngelo Yancey for the No. 3 job, and first- and second-round cornerbacks Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson will look to sure up the secondary. While just 50% of public bets are on the Packers moneyline, they’re getting a whopping 98% of the money (check live numbers here).