Betting Odds: Denver Broncos at Washington Redskins (-3)
- Denver Broncos Moneyline: +130
- Washington Redskins Moneyline: -150
- Over/Under: 43.5
- Kickoff: Aug. 24, 2018 – 7:30 p.m. ET
It would seem as though fourth-rounder Royce Freeman is winning the battle for No. 1 RB duties through two preseason games:
- Freeman: 10 carries, 58 yards, 5.8 yards per carry, 2 touchdowns, 1 reception, 6 receiving yards
- Devontae Booker: 6 carries, 24 yards, 4 YPC, 1 reception, 10 yards
Both have played 13 snaps with the first-team offense through two games, per Graham Barfield. This committee approach is at odds with Bill Musgrave’s scheme, as his lead back averaged 271.6 carries and 35 receptions per season over his seven full stints as an offensive coordinator since 2003.
Coach Jay Gruden has confirmed Chris Thompson (leg) and Jordan Reed (toe) will rest, though both are tentatively expected to be ready to go for Week 1. Jamison Crowder’s (groin) game status is uncertain.
Paul Richardson and Josh Doctson should have plenty of chances to make their case as Alex Smith’s No. 2 WR in 2018. Richardson is one of just 20 receivers with a contract worth at least $40 million, while Doctson is a former first-rounder who has averaged 15.4 yards per reception in 18 games over the past two seasons.