- To win the World Cup: +67500
- To win Group B: +3300
- To advance to Round of 16: +550
Bet To Watch
Iran vs. Morocco Over 2 Goals +115
Iran aren’t a particularly accomplished international side and they’re the weakest team in Group B, but that doesn’t mean they’re a poor team. Carlos Queiroz has managed the team since 2011, although he is set to end his run after this World Cup. He’s been a consistently competent manager throughout a career that began way back in 1989 (and included a stop with the New York/New Jersey MetroStars).
Queiroz has built a conservative side that in previous incarnations has struggled with the counterattacking part of the defender and counter strategy. However, this time around he has a genuine star winger in Alireza Jahanbakhsh. Jahanbakhsh (pictured above) plays in the Netherlands for AZ Alkmaar and he led the Dutch Eredivisie in scoring with 21 goals. He also added 12 assists for good measure. Other than Jahanbakhsh there are a handful of other players from around Europe, including Reza Ghoochannejhad of Heerenveen and Ashkan Dejagah of Nottingham Forest.
Iran faces off against Morocco in their first match, a game both sides need to win to have any hope of sneaking by the Iberian giants of Spain and Portugal in their group. In the past Iran simply wouldn’t have had the attacking power to make a real run at trying to break down Morocco and take three points. But, while they aren’t favorites, with Jahanbakhsh they at least have a chance to intermittently take the game to Morocco steal a goal or two and make Group B interesting.
More World Cup Betting Coverage
- Group A: Russia | Saudi Arabia | Egypt | Uruguay
- Group B: Portugal | Morocco | Iran | Spain
- Group C: France | Australia | Peru | Denmark
- Group D: Argentina | Iceland | Croatia | Nigeria
- Group E: Brazil | Costa Rica | Switzerland | Serbia
- Group F: Germany | Mexico | Sweden | South Korea
- Group G: Belgium | Panama | Tunisia | England
- Group H: Poland | Senegal | Colombia | Japan