- To Win the World Cup: +11500
- To Win Group E: +620
- To Advance to Round of 16: +105
Bet To Watch
Switzerland to finish last in Group E +320
World Cup qualifying varies from team to team and from continent to continent. For instance, qualifying out of CONCACAF (North America) is a lot easier than qualifying through CONMEBOL (South America). In Europe (UEFA), there are hard groups and there are easy groups, and then there’s the group that Switzerland played in.
The Swiss were joined by Portugal, Hungary, Latvia, Andorra and the Faroe Islands. In their final match of group play, Switzerland fell to Portugal 2-0 in a game where a win, draw or loss by one goal would have automatically qualified them for Russia. To the playoff they went, where they lucked out again by drawing Northern Ireland. They defeated the Norn Iron 1-0 on aggregate, and here we are.
Unlike most of the headline-grabbers in Europe, the Swiss are not littered with high-end talent. The only star on La Nati is Xherdan Shaqiri.
Up front, the Swiss will likely rely on Haris Seferovic and Breel Embolo. During qualifying, they were able to find some goals against weak opposition, but doing it against Brazil, Serbia, and Costa Rica is a different story. I think the rest of the group is a class — and in Brazil’s case several classes — above the Swiss and think there’s value on betting them to finish last in the group at +320.
More World Cup Betting Coverage
- Group A: Russia | Saudi Arabia | Egypt | Uruguay
- Group B: Portugal | Morocco | Iran | Spain
- Group C: France | Australia | Peru | Denmark
- Group D: Argentina | Iceland | Croatia | Nigeria
- Group E: Brazil | Costa Rica | Switzerland | Serbia
- Group F: Germany | Mexico | Sweden | South Korea
- Group G: Belgium | Panama | Tunisia | England
- Group H: Poland | Senegal | Colombia | Japan