European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Midweek Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga & more (Jan. 19-21)
Chloe Knott – Danehouse/Getty Images. Pictured: N’Golo Kante.
All five of Europe’s major five leagues are in action this week, some even with full slates.
Here is a snapshot of what we saw over the weekend:
- Manchester United and Liverpool ended in a 0-0 draw, meaning Manchester United retains top spot in the Premier League.
- Dortmund, Leverkusen and RB Leipzig all dropped points in the Bundesliga, while Bayern Munich won 2-1 at home against Freiburg, extending their lead in the Bundesliga to four points.
- Lazio defeated Roma in Derby d’Capitale 3-0, dropping Roma to fourth in the Serie A table.
- Inter defeated Juventus, 2-0, at the San Siro, which was Juve’s second defeat of the season in Serie A.
- Lyon lost 1-0 at home to Metz while PSG won 1-0 at Angers, meaning the Parisians have now taken over the top spot in Ligue 1.
With how busy the European soccer calendar is at the moment, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. Therefore, it might be a good idea to wait to place a wager until starting lineups come out prior to kickoff.
You can use these projections to identify early betting value on the opening lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Leicester vs. Chelsea: The Foxes are very quietly only two points off of Manchester United for the top spot in the Premier League. Chelsea ended their bad run of form, beating Fulham 1-0 on Saturday, but they are still on the outside looking in at the top four. Leicester are unbeaten in their last five matches against Chelsea in the Premier League.
- Manchester City vs. Aston Villa: The Cityzens are now full back to their dominant form we’ve seen the last few years. They’ve won five straight matches by a combined score of 11-1. Aston Villa have had their last two matches postponed due to a COVID-19 outbreak at the club and are in 11th with multiple games in hand on every team ahead of them.
Premier League Injury News
- Chelsea: N’Golo Kante (CM) is questionable to play against Leicester.
- Fulham: Mario Lemina (CM), and Tom Cairney (CAM) are out against Manchester United. Aleksander Mitrovic (ST) is questionable.
- Leicester: Nampalys Mendy (CM) is questionable to face Chelsea.
- Liverpool: Diogo Jota (CF), Virgil Van Dijk (CB), Naby Keita (CM) and Joe Gomez (CB) are out against Burnley.
- Manchester City: Aymeric Laporte (CB) is questionable to play against Aston Villa. Sergio Augero (ST) and Nathan Ake (CB) are out.
- West Brom: Conor Townsend (LB), Sam Johnstone (GK) and Karlan Grant (ST) are out against West Ham.
- Leverkusen vs. Dortmund: The home side has been in dreadful form, losing three of their last four matches, which has dropped them to third place in the table. Dortmund has had a roller coaster of a season but find themselves in fourth place right now. Die Borussian have won four of their last five meetings with Leverkusen.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Augsburg: Iago (LB) is out against Bayern Munich. Raphael Framberger (RB) is questionable.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Florian Wirtz (CM) and Sven Bender (CB) are out against Dortmund.
- Borussia Dortmund: Giovanni Reyna (RM), Thorgan Hazard (CAM), and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against Leverkusen.
- Borussia Monchengladbach: Marcus Thuram (ST) and Valentino Lazaro (RM) are out against Werder Bremen.
- Freiburg: Jonathan Schmid (RM) is out against Frankfurt.
- Hertha Berlin: Marvin Plattenhardt (LB) and Dedryck Boyata (CB) are out against Hoffenheim.
- Hoffenheim: Kevin Akpoguma (CB), Sebastian Rudy (CM) and Florian Grillitsch (CAM) are out against Hertha Berlin.
- Koln: Sebastian Andersson (ST) and Florian Kainz (RM) are questionable to play against Schalke.
- Mainz: Jerry St. Jude (CB) and Daniel Brosinski (LB) are out against Wolfsburg.
- Schalke: Alessandro Schopf (RM), Nassim Boujellab (CM) and Salif Sane (CB) are out against Koln.
- Werder Bremen: Ludwig Augustinsson (LB) and Christian Gross (CB) are out against Gladbach.
Serie A Injury News
- Udinese: Stefano Okaka (ST) is questionable to play against Atalanta. Ignacio Pussetto is out.
La Liga Notes
- Villarreal vs. Granada: Villarreal looks to stay in the top four, while Granada is making a push for European football. Villarreal is unbeaten at home this season and has lost only one of their last fifteen matches in La Liga. Granada has been struggling on the road as of late, losing four of their last five matches.
La Liga Injury News
- Atletico Madrid: Kieran Trippier (RB), Koke (RM), and Mario Hermoso (CB) are out against Eibar.
- Cadiz: Jose Mari (CM) and Alfonso Espino (LB) are questionable to face Levante. Fali (CB) is out.
- Celta Vigo: Iago Aspas (ST) and Renato Tapia (CDM) are out against Real Betis.
- Granada: Maxime Gonalons (CDM) is out against Villarreal.
- Huesca: Pablo Maffeo (RB) and Sandro Ramirez (ST) are questionable to play against Getafe. Pedro Mosquera is out.
- Osasuna: David Garcia (CB) is out against Valencia.
- Real Betis: Marc Bartra (CB) and William Carvalho (CM) are questionable to face Celta Vigo.
- Real Valladolid: Bruno Gonzalez (CB) is out against Elche.
- Sevilla: Diego Carlos (CB) is questionable to face Alaves.
- Valencia: Gabriel Paulista (CB) and Jasper Cillessen (GK) are questionable to face Osasuna.
- Villarreal: Vicente Iborra (CDM) is out against Granada.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Marseille: Steven Mandanda (GK) and Jordan Amavi (LB) are questionable to play against Lens.