2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Can Bryson DeChambeau Handle Pressure of Being Tiger’s Partner?
Jun 23, 2018; Cromwell, CT, USA; Bryson DeChambeau checks his note pad on the 2nd hole during the third round of the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands. Mandatory Credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Bryson DeChambeau’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1800
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +1100
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o -165, u +125)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 0
- Ryder Cup match play history: N/A
- Ryder Cup foursome history: N/A
- Ryder Cup fourball history: N/A
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Bryson DeChambeau’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Recent form. DeChambeau is a Ryder Cup rookie, but he’s also in as good of form as you could hope for entering this week, winning the first two legs of the FedExCup Playoffs. He has the all-around game to compete, and he’s shown he’s not scared off playing in the toughest of fields.
Worst asset: Inexperience. All that said, the Ryder Cup is a different animal, and it’s likely he’ll be paired with Tiger Woods, who is as popular as he’s ever been, especially coming off his first win since 2013. All eyes will be on this tandem if they’re together. Can Bryson handle the pressure?
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 6 out of 10. The Scientist can be prone to blowups — see his last Euro event as an example — but it’s hard to discount his form. If Tiger is rolling still, that’ll help.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Bryson DeChambeau’s Metrics
Here’s how DeChambeau ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 5th in world, 5th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 10th in world, 8th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 10th in world, 5th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 41st in world, 8th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.