Jul 5, 2018; White Sulphur Springs, WV, USA; Bubba Watson on the 3rd tee during the first round of A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier golf tournament at The Old White TPC. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Bubba Watson’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +2800
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +1800
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o +150, u -190)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 3
- Ryder Cup match play history: 0-3 (0.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 0-2 (0.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 3-3 (50.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Bubba Watson’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Bombs and birds. Bubba is going to grip it and rip it and hopefully make a few birdies for the U.S. On this course, he could have some success in the fourball format, where he can just focus on making a few low scores and wipe the bad holes out of his mind immediately.
Worst asset: Everything else. Bubba has never won a singles match, and he’s never won an alternate shot match. Zero points in five tries.
There might be a little buzz on Bubba because he won the PGA’s match play event in March, but I don’t see that carrying over.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 2 out of 10. The U.S. is going to have to hide Watson. Throw him out there in a fourball with Webb Simpson early and see how it goes. It they can get a result, send them back out. If not, then we won’t see Bubba again until singles play.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Bubba Watson’s Metrics
Here’s how Watson ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 51st in world, 22nd in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 43rd in world, 19th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 111st in world, 22nd in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 108th in world, 17th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.