2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Francesco Molinari Is Solid Fit for Le Golf National
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Francesco Molinari’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1800
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +900
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o -165, u +125)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 2
- Ryder Cup match play history: 0-1-1 (0.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 0-2 (0.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 0-1-1 (0.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Francesco Molinari’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Tee-to-green game and foursome play. When Molinari’s game is on, he’d be a dream partner. He rarely misses a fairway or a green, so his partners know they’ll usually be hitting from good positions.
Worst asset: Ryder Cup history. With everything I just mentioned, it’s a little hard to believe that Molinari has zero wins in six career Ryder Cup matches. That probably changes this year, with Le Golf National a great fit for Molinari’s game.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 6 out of 10. It’s hard to be overly confident in someone who hasn’t actually won a match. But those results were from a totally different time in Molinari’s career. He’s a major champion now and has strung together the best golf of his life this summer.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Francesco Molinari’s Metrics
Here’s how Molinari ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 17th in world, 11th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 3rd in world, 3rd in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 12th in world, 6th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 181st in world, 22nd in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.