2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Francesco Molinari Is Solid Fit for Le Golf National
Jul 22, 2018; Carnoustie, Angus, SCT; Francesco Molinari plays his shot from the third tee during the final round of The Open Championship golf tournament at Carnoustie Golf Links. Mandatory Credit: Ian Rutherford-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Francesco Molinari’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1800
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +900
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o -165, u +125)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 2
- Ryder Cup match play history: 0-1-1 (0.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 0-2 (0.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 0-1-1 (0.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Francesco Molinari’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Tee-to-green game and foursome play. When Molinari’s game is on, he’d be a dream partner. He rarely misses a fairway or a green, so his partners know they’ll usually be hitting from good positions.
Worst asset: Ryder Cup history. With everything I just mentioned, it’s a little hard to believe that Molinari has zero wins in six career Ryder Cup matches. That probably changes this year, with Le Golf National a great fit for Molinari’s game.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 6 out of 10. It’s hard to be overly confident in someone who hasn’t actually won a match. But those results were from a totally different time in Molinari’s career. He’s a major champion now and has strung together the best golf of his life this summer.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Francesco Molinari’s Metrics
Here’s how Molinari ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 17th in world, 11th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 3rd in world, 3rd in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 12th in world, 6th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 181st in world, 22nd in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.