2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Will Ian Poulter Be Unstoppable Yet Again?
Sep 27, 2014; Auchterarder, Perthshire, SCT; European golfer Ian Poulter reacts to holing out a 40 yard chip on the 15th hole on day two of the 2014 Ryder Cup at Gleneagles Resort – PGA Centenary Course. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Ian Poulter’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +2000
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +1000
- Point total odds: 2.5 (o +130, u -170)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 5
- Ryder Cup match play history: 4-0-1 (100.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 4-1 (80.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 4-3-1 (57.1%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Ian Poulter’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Being a Ryder Cup God. No one has been more devastating to USA Ryder Cup hopes since the turn of the century than Ian Poulter. He morphs into Best Golfer on the Planet every two years in this spot. Since 2004, the USA has beat him exactly four times in 18 matches.
Worst asset: Stamina. Can Europe send the 42-year-old out in all five matches or will they need to rest him during a session or two? Does Ryder Cup Poulter even require rest or has he just planned his entire schedule around destroying the United States these three days?
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 10 out of 10. Yeah, Poulter will probably play well at the Ryder Cup.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 2.5 Points
Ian Poulter’s Metrics
Here’s how Poulter ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 33rd in world, 19th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 31st in world, 16th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 25th in world, 11th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 97th in world, 16th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.