For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Jon Rahm’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1400
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +700
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o -165, u +125)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 0
- Ryder Cup match play history: N/A
- Ryder Cup foursome history: N/A
- Ryder Cup fourball history: N/A
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Jon Rahm’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Driving and fourball play. Rahm can bomb the driver and pile up birdies with the best of them. He’s likely to be a problem for the USA in this competition for the next 20 years.
Worst asset: Accuracy and potential playing partner. Like Rory, there’s a chance Rahm is hurt if Europe decides to grow the rough out and limit how much the driver is used. It’s also likely we’ll see him paired with Sergio Garcia early in the event, and with how badly Garcia has played recently, that could hold Rahm down as well.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 7 out of 10. I think Rahm will play well, and the only thing that keeps me from thinking he’ll have a great Ryder Cup debut is Garcia. Both teams have a veteran anchor who could hold them back, and I’d expect Rahm to get saddled with carrying Europe’s.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Jon Rahm’s Metrics
Here’s how Rahm ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 19th in world, 12th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 17th in world, 11th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 80th in world, 19th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 135th in world, 19th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.