2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Bet on Rickie Fowler’s Excellent Recent Form
Oct 1, 2016; Chaska, MN, USA; Rickie Fowler of the United States plays a shot from a bunker on the fourth hole during the morning foursome matches in the 41st Ryder Cup at Hazeltine National Golf Club. Mandatory Credit: Michael Madrid-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Rickie Fowler’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +2000
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +1100
- Point total odds: 2.5 (o +130, u -170)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 3
- Ryder Cup match play history: 1-1-1 (50.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 1-2-2 (33.3%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 0-1-2 (0.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Rickie Fowler’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Recent form. Rickie hasn’t found the winner’s circle in a while, but he’s still playing as well as anyone. He’s been inside the top 30 in every event since the Players Championship back in early May, and he’s coming off a Sunday round of 65 at the Tour Championship. He’s playing some of the best golf of his career right now.
Worst asset: Ryder Cup history. Fowler has just two victories in his three Ryder Cup appearances, and he’s particularly struggled to pick up points in foursome and fourball play. Can he turn that around this time?
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 7 out of 10. It’s easy to discount Rickie because of his poor Ryder Cup history, but I have no qualms betting on a guy with excellent recent form. He’s knocked for his lack of PGA wins, but his consistency should keep him competitive yet again.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 2.5 Points
Rickie Fowler’s Metrics
Here’s how Fowler ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 11th in world, 10th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 21st in world, 13th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 30th in world, 14th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 40th in world, 7th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.