Oct 2, 2016; Chaska, MN, USA; Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland reacts to a putt on the eighth green during the single matches in 41st Ryder Cup at Hazeltine National Golf Club. Mandatory Credit: Rob Schumacher-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Rory McIlroy’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1100
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +500
- Point total odds: 2.5 (o -115, u -115)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 4
- Ryder Cup match play history: 2-1-1 (66.6%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 4-3-1 (57.1%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 3-2-2 (60.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Rory McIlroy’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Driving and Ryder Cup history. McIlroy is above .500 for Europe in all three Ryder Cup formats. They can pair him with anyone on the team and feel comfortable going out and being the favorite to get a point. I’m not really sure whom they pair him with this year. I’d expect them to give him a rookie such as Thorbjorn Olesen and see if they can catch fire. It worked in 2016 when he was paired with Thomas Pieters.
Worst asset: Putting and course fit. If Europe sets up the course to negate the U.S. bombers, that will hurt Rory as well. Couple that with the tendency to miss a few short putts from time to time, and this won’t be the best course for Rory’s game.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 10 out of 10. Europe is going to trot Rory out there five times and will expect three or four points. There’s no reason for them not to. He’s done just that for Europe in the past three cups.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 2.5 Points
Rory McIlroy’s Metrics
Here’s how McIlroy ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 6th in world, 6th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 5th in world, 5th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 50th in world, 16th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 85th in world, 14th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.