2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Can Sergio Garcia Find His Form?
Oct 1, 2016; Chaska, MN, USA; Sergio Garcia of Spain reacts to a putt on the 17th green during the afternoon four-ball matches in the 41st Ryder Cup at Hazeltine National Golf Club. Mandatory Credit: John David Mercer-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Sergio Garcia’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +2200
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +1100
- Point total odds: 2.5 (o +130, u -170)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 8
- Ryder Cup match play history: 3-4-1 (42.9%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 9-3-3 (75.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 7-4-3 (63.6%)
> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Sergio Garcia’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Experience and leadership. Let’s face it: There are only a few reasons why Garcia was named as a captain’s pick, and these are two of ‘em. With Garcia mired in an utterly lost season, Thomas Bjorn is hoping the Spaniard finds something this week.
Worst asset: Recent form. And that’s “recent” as in all year. Last year’s Masters champion has appeared a mediocre shell of himself for months.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 3 out of 10. A wise man once said that a Ryder Cup is no place to try and find your game. Until Garcia shows some sort of form, he could be dead weight for the European side.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 2.5 Points
Sergio Garcia’s Metrics
Here’s how Garcia ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: N/A
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: N/A
- Strokes Gained: Approach: N/A
- Strokes Gained: Putting: N/A
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.