2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Tommy Fleetwood Shows up on the Big Stage
Sep 2, 2018; Norton, MA, USA; Tommy Fleetwood hits his tee shot on the 17th hole during the third round of the Dell Technologies Championship golf tournament at TPC of Boston. Mandatory Credit: Mark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Tommy Fleetwood’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1600
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +800
- Point total odds: 2.5 (o +135, u -175)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 0
- Ryder Cup match play history: N/A
- Ryder Cup foursome history: N/A
- Ryder Cup fourball history: N/A
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Tommy Fleetwood’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Moxie. Fleetwood has proven himself to be a big-game hunter, playing some of his best golf on some of the game’s biggest stages. There’s no reason to believe that won’t correlate to this event as well.
Worst asset: Inexperience. If we’re nit-picking, the only fault we can find with Fleetwood is that he hasn’t yet played a Ryder Cup, but the idea that rookies are at a disadvantage really is an antiquated notion.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 8 out of 10. The proof is out there. When the pressure ramps up, Fleetwood’s A-game often shows up, too. Don’t be surprised if he’s Europe’s leading point-getter by Sunday evening.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 2.5 Points
Tommy Fleetwood’s Metrics
Here’s how Fleetwood ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 7th in world, 7th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 14th in world, 9th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 49th in world, 15th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 50th in world, 11th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.