2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Will Tyrrell Hatton’s Volatile Game Translate at Le Golf National?
Jun 12, 2017; Erin, WI, USA; Tyrrell Hatton follows his shot on the 16th tee during the opening practice round of the U.S. Open golf tournament at Erin Hills. Mandatory Credit: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Tyrrell Hatton’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +5000
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +2500
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o +145, u -185)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 0
- Ryder Cup match play history: N/A
- Ryder Cup foursome history: N/A
- Ryder Cup fourball history: N/A
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Tyrrell Hatton’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Putting. Among the season-long putting leaders on the European Tour, Hatton doesn’t just roll it well — he rolls it aggressively, which should equate to some birdies in his first Ryder Cup.
Worst asset: Volatility. Much like teammates Ian Poulter and Jon Rahm, Hatton owns a famous temper — one that he struggles to control during inopportune moments. It’s easy to see him getting down in a match and getting too frustrated, as opposed to letting his emotion fuel a comeback.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 4 out of 10. He won’t be terrible, but it’s hard to see Hatton serving as a deciding factor this week. You have to wonder if Thomas Bjorn sees him as anything more than a three-match player.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Tyrrell Hatton’s Metrics
Here’s how Hatton ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 41st in world, 21st in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 56th in world, 20th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 77th in world, 18th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 47th in world, 10th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.