2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Will Tyrrell Hatton’s Volatile Game Translate at Le Golf National?
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Tyrrell Hatton’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +5000
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +2500
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o +145, u -185)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 0
- Ryder Cup match play history: N/A
- Ryder Cup foursome history: N/A
- Ryder Cup fourball history: N/A
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Tyrrell Hatton’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Putting. Among the season-long putting leaders on the European Tour, Hatton doesn’t just roll it well — he rolls it aggressively, which should equate to some birdies in his first Ryder Cup.
Worst asset: Volatility. Much like teammates Ian Poulter and Jon Rahm, Hatton owns a famous temper — one that he struggles to control during inopportune moments. It’s easy to see him getting down in a match and getting too frustrated, as opposed to letting his emotion fuel a comeback.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 4 out of 10. He won’t be terrible, but it’s hard to see Hatton serving as a deciding factor this week. You have to wonder if Thomas Bjorn sees him as anything more than a three-match player.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Tyrrell Hatton’s Metrics
Here’s how Hatton ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 41st in world, 21st in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 56th in world, 20th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 77th in world, 18th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 47th in world, 10th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.