MLB Odds: A Curious Betting Anomaly On Tuesdays This Season
Daniel Shirey/MLB Photos via Getty Images. Pictured: Aaron Judge
This betting anomaly is so statistically arbitrary that it’s worth stating from the jump that this doesn’t constitute betting advice.
But the trend has been curious enough to lay out here in the event that it remains steady throughout the season.
Over the regular season’s first 140 Tuesday games, moneyline favorites are 94-46. That’s a 9.7% return on investment every Tuesday, a better mark than some of the betting systems and algorithms this company produces.
A $100-per-game bettor would be up a total of $1,356.
For reference, betting $100 on every moneyline favorite since 2005 — regardless of the day of the week — would have yielded a loss of $70,757 over the last decade and a half.
That’s a return on investment of -1.8%.
Today’s favorites and the best lines on the market are as follows. Lines are current as of Tuesday at noon ET.
As aforementioned, this trend has far too low a degree of statistical significance to pin your hopes and dreams on it, so tread lightly.
Tuesday, June 14 MLB Favorites
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (-165, SuperBook). 1:15 p.m. ET
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees (-210, Wynn). 7:05 p.m. ET
- Miami Marlins vs. Philadelphia Phillies (-140, SuperBook) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Atlanta Braves (-220, SuperBook) vs. Washington Nationals. 7:05 p.m. ET
- Baltimore Orioles vs. Toronto Blue Jays (-200, DraftKings). 7:07 p.m. ET
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. New York Mets (-150, DraftKings). 7:07 p.m. ET
- Oakland Athletics vs. Boston Red Sox (-213, Wynn) 7:10 p.m. ET
- Chicago White Sox (-180, Wynn) vs. Detroit Tigers. 7:10 p.m. ET
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (-205, FanDuel). 7:45 p.m. ET
- San Diego Padres (-133, Wynn) vs. Chicago Cubs. 8:05 p.m. ET
- Houston Astros (-116, Wynn) vs. Texas Rangers. 8:05 p.m. ET
- Cleveland Guardians (-160, PlayUp) vs. Colorado Rockies. 8:40 p.m. ET
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (-114, SuperBook). 9:40 p.m. ET
- Kansas City Royals vs. San Francisco Giants (-235, Golden Nugget). 9:45 p.m. ET
- Los Angeles Angels vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (-180, Unibet). 10:10 p.m. ET
- Minnesota Twins vs. Seattle Mariners (-113, WynnBet). 10:10 p.m. ET