Durant, Curry Lead List of NBA Finals MVP Favorites
Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Kevin Durant
- The Westgate Superbook opened odds to win the 2018 NBA Finals MVP on Tuesday.
- Kevin Durant (4-5) is favored to win the award for the second consecutive year.
- Steph Curry is next at 3-2, followed by LeBron James at 13-2.
On Tuesday, the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook released its NBA Finals MVP odds. Unsurprisingly, two Warriors sit atop the list, led by last year’s winner, Kevin Durant.
Durant opened as an odds-on favorite, listed at 5-7 to take home the award again, followed by Steph Curry at 9-5. Westgate has since adjusted based on early betting action, which has narrowed the gap between the two stars.
Behind the top two comes LeBron, whose 13-2 odds are the exact same as the Cavs’ odds to win the series.
Here are all of the listed players’ odds as they stand now.
At 25-1, Klay Thompson is an interesting long shot. The Warriors are massive favorites to win the series, so it’s reasonable to assume the MVP will ultimately come from Golden State’s roster.
In addition, Thompson’s ability to fill it up from behind the arc can lead to high-scoring games, especially if Cleveland keys on Durant defensively and Curry doesn’t play to his potential.
More NBA Finals Coverage
- Moore’s Predictions: Investing in the Garbage Time Warriors and More
- Game 1 Trends: Underdog LeBron Has Been Historically Profitable
- Locky: Why I’m Betting the Over/Under in Game 1
- Download Our Free NBA Finals Prop Sheet
- The Angles: The Importance of George Hill and the Power of the Switch
- Should Golden State Bettors Be Wary of a Rested LeBron?
- Finding Value in Betting NBA Finals Exact Series Odds