Download the App Image

NBA Odds & Sharp Betting Pick: Lakers vs. Spurs Drawing Pro Action (Wednesday, Dec. 30)

NBA Odds & Sharp Betting Pick: Lakers vs. Spurs Drawing Pro Action (Wednesday, Dec. 30) article feature image

Harry How/Getty Images. Pictured: LeBron James

NBA Odds: Lakers vs. Spurs

Lakers Odds -5
Spurs Odds +5
Over/Under 229.5
PRO Projection LAL -5
Time 8:30 p.m. ET

A Cotton Bowl matchup between Florida and Oklahoma might steal a good chunk of its viewers, but Lakers vs. Spurs still has plenty to offer in terms of betting value tonight — at least based on the sharp action it’s attracted.

In fact, three of our PRO Report’s value indicators centered around sharp action have pointed to an edge on this spread. Let’s take a look.

Note: Odds, data as of 11:30 a.m. ET.

Unlock all the games drawing sharp action tonight…

Hawks vs. Nets

Hornets vs. Mavericks

Blazers vs. Clippers

NBA Sharp Betting Pick: Lakers vs. Spurs

LeBron James’s status is still in question for this game, but that hasn’t stopped sharps from making early moves.

From an opening number of +6.5, the Spurs have fallen down to +5 (right in line with our projection) thanks to some big bets from sharps. And one of our PRO Systems suggests that history is on the side of teams that bring in this sort of action.

Sharp Action

The Lakers’ line falling while 81% of bettors are laying the points should tell you pretty much all you need to know about the other 19%. And Action Labs confirms the implication.

Four Bet Signals have been triggered on San Antonio, revealing four instances of market movement caused specifically by sharp action.

Sharp Action edge: Spurs

Big Money

Also giving oddsmakers reason to pull this line away from the popular side, the bet and money distributions are almost exact opposites. In other words, the 19% of bettors on the Spurs have generated 82% of the money landing on this spread.

Of course that faces sportsbooks with a monetary liability, but perhaps more importantly (for the sake of reading sharp action) it reveals that bigger bettors — who are more likely to be sharps — are taking the points.

Big Money edge: Spurs

PRO Systems

And given their substantial discrepancy between bets and money, the Spurs easily fit into our PRO System, NBA Tickets vs. Money, which has returned a 55% win rate against the spread on a sample of more than 600 games.

PRO Systems edge: Spurs

Unlock PRO tools for every bowl game!

Best bets & signals for every game

Projections from proven pros

Profitable betting system picks

How would you rate this article?